Controlling humidity and moisture in your home is the way to prevent Fungi/mold growth in your home.
It is important you are aware of how moisture can start the growth of mold. Some of these things most homeowners can handle.
Smells and odors – Your nose knows! If you can smell musty, strong odors this can sometimes tell you have a moisture/mold problem.
Ventilation – installing or simply turning on bathroom fans while showering helps remove unwanted moist air in your home. Open windows when the air outside is cool, and low humidity.
Health effects – Most allergy symptoms are related to mold in your home. If your family has consistent allergy symptoms, see your doctor. If you feel better when you are away from your home, perhaps it's time to give us a call.
Plumbing and roof leaks- Keep an eye on water marks on your ceiling, watch for leaks under your sinks, make sure your drainage around your home is adequate. Poke your head into your attic space monthly to see if it smells musty.
Air conditioning – Make sure your AC is serviced by a professional on a regular basis. Change your filters! A simple lack of filter changes can freeze your coils and cause a water leak that you may not even know is there. Please ask your HVAC professional for a report on your unit to make sure it is working properly and has the proper leak prevention features.
Windows and doors – Check around your windows and doors for leaks, watch for water condensation on your windows and sills. This can create mold problems.